Haisla Nation Council’s Education and Employment department is excited to offer a short term life skills program for people who are unemployed or underemployed.
The main activities will focus on but will not be limited to:
- Career Planning and skill development
- Access to training/upgrading in math and English that will meet industrial requirements,
- Transitional supports to access short term training in certification, for example WHMIS
- Two-week work placements that may lead to full-time or part-time employment,
- Option for you to choose activities and local destinations for two one-day field trips,
- Iron Chef competition to practice Food Safe, budgeting and nutrition. Prize for winning team.
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily.
- Guest speakers of interest to participants.
Active Measures begins on October 10, 2017.
You can fill out and print off an application form by clicking here.
Applications can also be picked up at HNC band office, health centre and KVI reception. Return the applications to the HNC education department. Don’t worry if not all sections are completed as long as your name and contact information are clearly written. You will be contacted for a interview and further information to determine if the program is a good fit for you and a good use of your time.