Needed Urgently… Two Enumerators for the upcoming election. The position description is in the following 3 page document.
Attention: Stephanie McClure
I am looking for two people from Kitamaat Village to do a door to door enumeration of the Village between 11 – 14 March. I am attaching a copy of the job description – the only difference is there would not be computer work involved. There will be a training in Kitimat – date to be determined – most likely 8 March. Hoping you can help me out –
Thanks Stephanie – looking forward to hearing from you.
Marjorie Phelps. District Electoral Officer, Skeena
e mail email@example.com
Enumerators will assist with compiling an accurate and current voters list through:
- Door to door visits to a set of residences/facilities in their assigned enumeration area.
- Establishing and operating a voter registration station in an assigned location.
Enumerators will register new voters, update existing voter records and verify/update the Elections BC Address Registry within a specific electoral district, area or facility, as assigned by the District Electoral Officer through an Enumerator Coordinator.
Work Term: Mar 4, 2013 for up to a 3 week period depending on operational requirements.
Job duties include:
- Visiting residences/facilities indentified for enumeration
- Confirming, updating, registering names and addresses of all eligible voters in assigned enumeration area by recording information on enumeration record or other registration form.
- Creating and maintaining records of all addresses enumerated and those addresses not enumerated.
- Providing voters with information on the voting process , voting opportunities and the importance of being on the voters list.
- Organizing efficient process of visiting addresses within their assigned enumeration area during their work shifts.
- Compiling and returning enumeration records or other registration forms to Elections BC
- Maintaining registration materials and supplies and returning supplies to Elections BC at the end of the enumeration Period.
- Enumerators perform enumeration activities according to the targets outlined by their assigned enumerator coordinator
- Enumerators may travel door to door in their assigned area to collect voter information.
- Enumerators may be assigned to conduct enumerator activities at a specific location such as campuses or shopping centers, or other designated locations.
- Enumerators work in pairs.
- Enumerators work shifts of two to eight hours and will be required to work the day assigned for the entire shift. Work generally occurs between the hours of 12pm and 8pm. Working Saturdays is a requirement.
- Enumerators must dress neatly, comfortably, and appropriately for the work and weather conditions.
- Enumerators are required to wear or carry identification provided by the chief electoral officer and must produce it on request.
- Enumerators must have access to an appropriately-insured vehicle and a cell phone, all in good working order. They will be reimbursed mileage for driving to locations beyond 32 km one way from their residence, and long distance charges incurred in the performance of their duties.
- Enumerators work with personal and confidential voter information. Enumerators must be able to protect the privacy of personal and confidential information and must be able to ensure the security of voter data in their possession.
Experience and Skills Required
- Ability to be a non partisan representative of elections BC
- Basic English literacy and language skills. Fluency in a second language may be beneficial.
- Neat and legible handwriting and the ability to complete forms accurately
- Good listening skills in order to understand and obtain information from voters.
- Ability to use a laptop computer to search for voter registration records in a database.
- Ability to use checklists and materials provided by elections BC.
- Ability to travel door to door
- Ability to deal patiently and respectfully with a broad range of individuals
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to understand written instructions and the ability to read and use maps.
- Available to work days, evenings, Saturdays and holidays over a three week period.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather.
- Be in good health, job involves walking and climbing stairs.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without direct supervision.
- Be organized and committed to assignment completion.
Full day: 4-8 hours – $120
Half day: 2-4 hours -$60
Quarter day: 2 hours – $30
Enumerators receive a one time fee of $20 to cover expenses related to the use of their personal cell phone in the performance of their duties. This is paid in completion of the enumeration period.