Haisla Nation Council has an opening for the position of:
Teacher – on–call : Kindergarten to Grade 7
The Haisla Community School provides educational programming from Kindergarten to Grade 7
Under the direction of the Principal, the Teacher On Call would serve as teacher in variety of school and educational situations and will provide one to one support and/or small group reinforcement to students in all academic areas.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Successful experience working with students of Aboriginal ancestry;
- Knowledge and understanding of local Aboriginal culture and traditions;
- Have a demonstrated interest in success for all learners and a belief that proper intervention can result in greater opportunities;
- Strong classroom management skills; be able to handle behaviour concerns in a rational, equitable and respectful manner;
- Be able to work constructively as a team player with a focus on student learning;
- Perform duties in a friendly, supportive, caring manner towards staff, students and visitors to the school;
- Be knowledgeable of the new BC Curriculum requirements;
- Familiarity with Read Well, Reading Mastery, and JUMP Math programs
- To follow the HNC personnel policy and manual;
- Other related duties as required.
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal record check.
- Driver’s License Class 5 with clean drivers abstract
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume (including BC Teacher Regulation Branch Certification, Copy of Teacher Qualifications Services Category Card, Clear Criminal Record Check, email, and cell phone contact), as well as names of three (3) references and the express permission for HNC to contract the references, to:
Stephanie McClure, Human Resources Manager
Haisla Nation Council
PO Box 1101
Kitamaat Village, BC
V0T 2B0 Fax (250) 632-2840
We will continuously accept resumes for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Haisla Nation Council is accepting resumes for the following On-Call positions:
– Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
– Youth Coach
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter indicating what position you are applying for, names of three (3) references and express permission for HNC to contact these references, as well as your updated resume to:
Stephanie McClure, Human Resource Manager
Haisla Nation Council
P.O. Box 1101
Kitamaat Village, B.C. V0T 2B0
Fax: (250) 632—2840
This is a continuous advertisement and we will repost to update all call-out lists in three (3) months if necessary.